1. texture: check out the windows...mixing texture is interesting
2. symmetry: artwork, pillows, ottomans = balance
3. sheen: i adore dark glossy walls. these walls glow against the lamps and make the room feel elegant
4. weight: furniture legs are delicate, which is important because they balance the chocolate velvet skirted chair.
5. black: window trim provides definition, black furniture grounds the room
6. wordly: the ikat pillows, elephant, and ginger jar lamp make the space feel traveled. my grandmother says you should have a piece of asian art or furniture in every room and she's right
7. animal print: belongs in every living room
8. nature: the shell on the bookshelves and plants make the room feel alive